How to resolve the issue of WordPress site which downloads PHP files instead of parsing after cPanel migration?
After migrating the WordPress site on the cPanel server, the website was not loading, it was downloading the index.php file.Solution :-1) Check permission of files/folders.
2) Increase memory_limit to something higher value (128MB should be enough).
3) Try to repair database through cPanel > MySQL Databases page.
4) Comment a php declaration inside of the .htaccess file.
5) Check error_log file for errors which is present in document root (e.g. /home/$username/public_html/).
6) Try to disable every single plugin/module for your WordPress website.
7) Check for any additional .htaccess file at the /home directory for PHP declaration something below then please remove or comment it. :-
# Use PHP55 as default
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php55 .php
Was this answer helpful?
If your server installed cPanel with CloudLinux along alt-php and you want to disable php mail()...
I was unable to connect to FTP using correct credentials with the below error message - Status:...
While accessing the site I was getting error as -'Failed to open dir: Permission denied in...
While installing Extension in Joomla I was getting below error message - JFolder::create: Could...
While uploading the files .pptx and .ppt files from WordPress admin dashboard, I was getting the...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution