I was getting below error while accessing MySQL Databases from cPanel though MySQL service was running on server -
The MySQL server is currently offline.
Mysql::initcache() failed: The mysql server is offline.
1. Restart MySQL on server -
WHM >>Restart Services >> SQL Server (MySQL) >> Are you sure you wish to restart this service? >> Yes
service mysql restart
2. Reset MySQL root password - ( It's stored in '/root/.my.cnf', which cPanel updates when you change the password.)
1. Stop the MySQL running on server - service mysql stop
2. Start the MySQL without password - mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables &
3. Connect to MySQL server as the root user - mysql -u root
4. Now reset new password for MySQL's root user -
mysql> use mysql;
mysql> update user set password=PASSWORD("New_Root_-Password") where User='root';
mysql> flush privileges;
5. Stop and restart the MySQL service.
Let me know if you've any thoughts.