WordPress Blog Brute Force Flood Underway !!Server Management
Recently we have seen on-going global attack on WordPress installations across every web host in existence. This attack is well organized and specially targets the file wp-login.php. Some of the ramifications of this attacks are
1) Sites are loading extremely slow.
2) Unable to login to WordPress Admin Panel.
3) Website could even intermittently go down for undisclosed periods of time.
So what needs to bed one. Here are some tips we will let you know to protect your WordPress blog.
1) Make sure that you keep updated your WordPress blog with all the plugins ,themes to the most current WordPress version. WordPress team is constantly upgrading and patching the software for
2) We may recommend you to change your WordPress admin panel password as soon as possible. Make sure your password is atleast eight ten characters long and contain a random mixture of character as well as special symbols.
3) We may recommend you to allow access to wp-login.php file from only limited IP’s.
Deny from all
allow from 18.104.22.168
Note: – Please replace 22.214.171.124 with your actual IP address. We do not guarantee a solution or fix for this issue, But with the above methods we managed to stopped the attacks atleatst temporarly. Try it at your own risk.