MySQL Monitoring Tools.Inder
Revolutionize MySQL Monitoring With These 5 Cutting Edge Tools
Monitoring the performance metrics of the MySQL database on a regular basis will help it to run smoothly and flawlessly. As a matter of fact, it is feasible to get a real-time insight into the performance and health of the database by measuring some essential metrics. Fortunately, there are quite a few MySQL monitoring tools at present which will help to make this happen. In the following paragraphs, we are going to mention the top 5 MySQL performance monitoring tools on the market.
- Paessler MySQL Monitoring tool
This particular tool is effective at monitoring and also delivering automatic alerts for the most widely used SQL servers out there. Apart from calculating the usage and traffic, it likewise ensures the availability of network databases plus components. It is competent in preventing outages, enhancing connectivity, improving database performance, controlling SLAs (service level agreements), and also saving a significant amount of time.
- Paessler Monitoring Tool helps to constantly monitor the important MySQL databases so as to minimize the downtime by means of several monitoring parameters as well as sensors.
- Once the performance metrics does go under the threshold limit, it sends alerts instantaneously so as to fix the issue without any delay. Usually, these types of alerts are delivered by means of SMS, emails, plus push notifications on the smartphones.
- The tool likewise aids in keeping track of other key metrics which will ascertain your database’s health. This calculates the speed at which SQL queries are executed, the time required to set up a connection, managing transactions, plus providing a complete perception into the database health.
- It is also possible to monitor any particular data set, for example, data which are produced on any particular day.
- One can likewise set customized threshold values so as to monitor the database performance.
- Custom reports can be created and schedules can also be set so as to generate a report in a specific format.
- Nagios MySQL Monitoring
Nagios helps in MySQL monitoring including cache ratios, availability, table and database sizes, as well as other key metrics. This tool aids in enhancing the database performance, predictive analysis of index performance and storage specifications, instant detection of database failures and outages, and so on.
- Enhances application availability by constantly keeping track of the health and also reporting any issue right away.
- Optimizes the performance of the database by enabling you to stay on top of many essential metrics.
- Helps in the production of storage specifications as well as index performance.
- Detects any failure, outage, as well as database corruption instantaneously.
- Includes inbuilt templates as well as reports for effortless compliance and reporting.
- Provides the option of offloading MySQL services to any external remote server from a central Nagios server.
- MySQL Monitoring Tool from Monyog
Monyog helps in keeping track of MySQL by Percona Server, Oracle, MariaDB or Amazon RDS for MySQL. It provides the correct metrics to the DBAs and SysAdmins so as to deal with and also optimize applications during production and development.
- The tool helps you to monitor each and every query in real-time.
- Helps to determine the cause of any abrupt spike in a MySQL database instantaneously.
- Helps to identify any problem and also fix it immediately.
- Monitors all modifications made to MySQL global variables by making use of the configuration manager.
- Helps to keep track of different metrics so that it is possible to identify the cause of any performance issue.
- Delivers notifications by means of SNMP traps, email, Syslog, and also through Slack and Pagerduty applications.
- Allows the user to view various metrics by making use of CloudWatch API, RDS RST API, and so on.
- It is feasible to customize any chart so as to fulfill any particular specification. The chart can also be expanded so as to find info regarding any past event.
- Allows the user to change from graphical to tabular view anytime anywhere.
- Percona Monitoring and Management Tool
PMM (Percona Monitoring and Management) tool happens to be a free platform for monitoring and managing MySQL performance. It is feasible to run the tool in your personal environment so as to maximize security and reliability. It provides complete analysis for MySQL server so as to make sure that the data is functioning flawlessly.
- It is possible to run this particular tool in your personal environment so as to get optimum reliability and security.
- Offers a complete time-based analysis for MySQL which will allow you to comprehend the performance and health of your database much better.
- Makes use of a client/server model implying that it is imperative to download and also install the client as well as the server.
- Provides a historical view of the various parameters which are vital for the flawless performance of any MySQL Database Server.
- Provides historical visibility of the database performance.
- Aids in mapping queries against metrics so as to provide you with the relevant information for making vital decisions.
- Highlights any issue and also shows the present SQL queries for enhancing database performance.
Navicat Monitor happens to be a simple as well as risk-free monitoring tool which can boast of some innovative features so as to make the monitoring precise and effective. Being a server-based application it is feasible to access this tool from virtually anywhere by means of a web browser.
- Comes with a comprehensive set of real-time as well as historical graphs enabling you to delve deep into the server statistics details. It provides a comprehensive perception of the performance of every single server regarding disk usage, availability, table locks, network I/O, and so forth.
- Gathers metrics of multiple instances on the same chart for comparing and analyzing information, and also generating professional reports almost instantly. It is also possible to save the report as a PDF document using only a single click.
- The tool offers advanced analysis of the root cause which aids in finding more information once a problem is detected.
- The user can monitor his queries in real-time so as to enhance the performance of the server without much delay.
- Schematic diagrams can also be applied for visually representing the relationship between the master servers as well as the slaves.
- One can also organize the servers into groups so as to find them easily by category.